Friday, December 4, 2009

Time For A Cool Change


Back in the early 80's, the Little River Band had a song called Cool Change. The lyrics of the song came to mind yesterday in a big way. About 2nd period, I start feeling dizzy and light-headed. I have high blood pressure, and I knew it was acting up. My face was red as fire! I went down to the school nurse and within 10 minutes, the paramedics were there. I am embarrassed to even tell you how high it was. I now have to take my BP medicine three times per day. I really need a cool change. My weight is out of control and I don't exercise like I used to do. I have had some close calls and scary moments with my BP, but yesterday was the straw! With God's help, a new, healthier me will emerge!


In my prayers last night, I thanked God for giving me another day. I don't know how many more I have ( I sure hope it is millions and millions). But the days that I do have left, I really need to use them to honor God more than what I am doing. Why I have allowed myself to get so out of shape and unhealthy, I will never know. But I believe God gave me a wake-up call yesterday...or maybe I should say ANOTHER wake-up call. I have a beautiful daughter that needs her daddy. She needs a healthy daddy. And today, I have started back on that journey. Praise God! Now if you will excuse me, I got to go get a couple of carrot sticks and broccoli stalks...


Matthew 6:8 says, "For your Father knows your needs even before you ask Him."


Father, please heal my BP and help me to live a healthier life in Your honor. In Jesus name, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Allen, I will be praying for your health. I too have high blood pressure and have let myself get larger than I'd like. Just because you wrote this, it reminded me to take my bp meds, because I had forgotten them. Again. I'm terrible at taking pills! (I think that's why I had three kids by the time I was 23..hahahaha!) I have a daughter the same age as your daughter, and I can't imagine her growing up without me.
    Enjoy your carrot sticks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot sticks aren't so bad ... don't forget the water :) I take my BP meds every day, even when I do not want to. You're right, our children need their parents! Now make sure you've taken that med!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I know it is difficult getting healthy, but I also know that we have a great, BIG God who we can do anything through. Have a really blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so great Allen, God has a way of letting us know that its time for a change. Thank you Jesus , for putting your arms around your child and letting him know that you need him healthy and strong to continue to make such an impact on peoples lives...in the name of jesus .... Amen.

    ReplyDelete