Thursday, April 8, 2010

Enough Is Enough


I wish I could count how many times I have lost weight, and then gained it back. I bet many of us have done that at least a few times. But enough is enough! If you know me personally and have seen me lately, you know exactly what I am talking about. I have become very unhealthy. I don't just not eat right, I eat very wrong. I don't exercise. My blood pressure is more out of control right now than it has ever been before. I find myself so tired when I get home after work, that all I want to do is lay down. So today, with the help of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I am going to start making some changes for the better. I know I need to start out slowly so maybe this time I will stick with it. But I know I must do it this time. It is not fair to my daughter for me to be unhealthy. She has enough to worry about with school and "boys" ( Lord, help me). So this morning, I took the first step to getting healthy. I ate a nice breakfast, and I walked around the block. Granted, it was only one lap, but it was a start! So let's see...if I lose 3 pounds per week...times 7 weeks..that is... 21 pounds by this summer! I knew my Math Degree would come in handy...and my calculator!


Matthew 19:26 says, "...with God, ALL things are possible."


Father, help me to Glorify You by losing some weight, getting some exercise, and lowering my blood pressure. I know I can do it with Your help. In Jesus name, Amen.

6 comments:

  1. If I can do it, you can too. 2 years ago, I set out to lose weight, I lost 40 pounds, am down to a size 8 (sometimes I can wear a 6) and I have kept it off. YOU CAN DO IT. Like the little engine that could saying, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, then when he made it over the mountain he said, I thought I could, I thought I could." So can you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Allen,



    Good for you in deciding to make a difference in your own life. If you think about it… you are an example for your daughter too. Your actions speak louder than any of your words. Let me encourage you to stick to the plan of eating healthy but allowing yourself to have a treat now and again. Let me encourage you to stick to becoming more active, walking or biking…. anything. Always chose stairs over elevators, park in the back of the grocery store parking lot instead of the front. It’ll help. Losing 3 pounds per week is doable but please remember as you get active, you will gain in muscle offsetting the loss of fat.



    I know because I am there every day making the same choices of doing what’s healthy. When I was in college… I topped 170 pounds. I took years to melt that fat away…. But for most of my adult life now… I am around the 130 mark which healthy for a woman at age 48, 5’5’’ tall. I easily gain weight. So each day is a challenge to do the right thing. I don’t always succeed, but… I always wake up the next day saying…today is a new day with new beginnings.



    I encourage you to see your doctor. Come up with a good game plan. Read about nutrition and the labels of the foods you eat. Losing weight and getting your body healthy is a life choice. I pray that you succeed.



    In Christ,

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this...... One thing you must remember too is dont get down on yourself, think positive and do positive things. It helps in the weight loss. reward yourself with other things besides food. You have the ability to climb mountains , you are a strong , smart man. And I will join in because I need to loose lets say we loose 30 lbs by the end of June, OK? Im in it! Need a walking partner , Ill be there. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you man! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! Let me know if you want to walk :) I'm working on my weight as well ... as I have been for what seems like most of my adult life. Like you, I have a blood pressure problem that is controlled by medication ... and would be most likely non existent if I weren't carrying around the equivalent of a small person in extra weight!! Let's make it a promise to ourselves, and to our children ... woohoo!

    ReplyDelete