Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Faith Hall of Fame


The Bible is full of people who had an extraordinary amount of faith. If I asked you to list 5 people from the Bible who had tons of faith, whom would you list? Job? Mary? Moses? How about Paul or Daniel? No doubt, these would certainly make the "Faith Hall of Fame" But I want to talk about one whom you may or may not have thought about. What do you think about Noah's amount of faith? Here was a man preaching to the people that a giant flood was coming to destroy everything on earth. More than just preaching it, he also started building a giant boat to prepare for it. In fact, the boat he was building was larger than the biggest body of water in the area. It would have been impossible for the ark to navigate the entire length of the Euphrates River. At the time he started building the ark, Noah was already around 500 years old. The people must have thought he was just an old mental case, especially when one considers that the flood did not happen right away. Noah slaved for 120 years on the ark before the flood actually began. 120 years? Would you have thought he was just an old fool? I know I would have.


God tells us that it is impossible to please Him without faith. How much faith do we really have? I know it is easy to say that we have a lot of faith, but do we actually have as much as Noah or any of those other Bible Hall of Famers? If placed in the terrible position and situations that some of these Bible people were placed, would we still be preaching the Mighty name of Jesus? I guess there is really no way to answer that question. How would we really know how we would react to something unless it happened to us personally? What tough situation are you facing at this hour? Do you have enough faith? If you do, then you know it is only a matter of time before God intervenes and pulls you through it. If you don't have enough faith, then ask God to strengthen it for you. I continue to discover that there is no situation or road that I can go down from which my Lord won't come to get me. Pray for faith! There is an old saying, "I hope my ship comes in before my dock rots". God's time is perfect time. Ask Him for more faith right now.


Revelation 2:10 says, "Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life."


Lord, please help me to stay faithful and to continue believing that You will soon turns things in my favor. In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Faith is a belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Also, the entire chapter of Hebrews 11 is referred to as the "faith" chapter. If your faith is weak, read about these giants in the faith! It(faith) is something you have, or don't have...you can't be a little bit pregnant, and without it, it is impossible to please Him. Wonderful Allen! Lord, increase our faith a full measure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith is believing in something that u have no control over . It's giving up on your own understanding and just believing. And I believe that faith is enhanced when its used.... and the results are positive.God wants us to have faith because he knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt that all things will come to us according to his will not ours .It's hard to have faith all the time because we are human and have to see things in material form. But one thing is for sure, God never lets us down , in the end he provides us with exactly what we need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and sweet:
    Faith is the confident of belief or trust... I had faith that God would heal my Nic of cancer;and he did. I had faith that God would heal my Autumn of Leggs Calves Perthes disease; and he did. My faith was strong and God blessed my children. With all my heart I certainly have faith in God.....it is with mankind that I struggle with,no one is perfect and we all fall short of the Glory of God, even me. I will continue to pray for myself and all mankind.........God bless us all! My faith is alive is yours?

    ReplyDelete