Monday, May 17, 2010

I Can See


I had a real scare this weekend. On Friday, I started feeling sick. I had congestion, watery, itchy eyes, and a low-grade fever. By Saturday, my eyes were so swollen that I could barely see. I could not focus on anything. I had to cancel my radio show because I could not see well enough to drive. My eyes were as red as fire. I don't suffer from allergies, but it seemed like I had gotten into something that had caused an allergic reaction. I nearly panicked because I have an ultimate fear of going blind. Well, my eyes were better yesterday, and today, they are fine. The swelling and redness are both gone. Thank God I am all better; That truly scared me!


It made me think about the phrase I once was blind, but now I see. This phrase can be taken literally, but can also be taken as a metaphor for Salvation. When we are lost and without Christ, it is like we are blind. But once we accept Jesus, our eyes and our lives are opened. I want to take a moment to thank my mother, daddy, and grand-parents for teaching me about Jesus. They made sure I attended church regularly when I was younger, and they always talked with me about Salvation. When I was 12, God saved my soul. Looking back over all the things I have endured since then, I can't even imagine how rough it would have been if it hadn't been for Jesus. Thank God I didn't have to go through those times as a "blind" man. When I was having trouble seeing this weekend, God reminded me of what else I was not "seeing". Have we truly thanked God for our blessings?


I Thessalonians 5:18 says, "In everything, give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."


Father, thank-you for reminding me of just how good you have been to me over the years. Thank-you for Your Son Jesus and for opening my eyes to Him. In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we dont realize things until we are hit.Im glad you are feeling better , god always comes through no matter what....As a matter of a fact when we think hes not there is when hes standing there poking at us. God is Good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God wants us to see all the blessings he gives us. Sometimes we take so much for granted that He has to stop us just to make us realize how great and awesome He is. He really does want to give us the desires of our hearts, we must praise him joyfully for His loving kindness and the blessings He bestows. I am so glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete