Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's The Thought That Counts


I wanted to share with you what my daughter Bailey did last night at the grocery store. While we were buying a few items, she came up to me and asked for a couple dollars. I reached into my wallet and took out two bucks. As I was handing it to her, I guess I just naturally asked what she needed. She said, "I am going to donate it to the lady outside who is collecting for diabetes research." I thought to myself, "instead of buying some junk?" I was very proud of her at that very moment.


But then the funny part hit me: It is so easy to be generous with somebody else's money. I nearly laughed and wondered why she didn't just ask for 5 or 10 dollars. Bailey has a kind heart, with my money or with her own. The more I thought about it, the more I wondered if I would have given those same two dollars to the lady outside. I guess the bottom line is that the money was given, and hopefully it will do some good. Is it truly the thought that counts? This time, it was my 14-year old's thought that counted the most. I love you, Boo.


Psalm 112:5 says, "Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely."


Father, thank-you for Bailey. She is such an awesome young lady, and I am so lucky you chose me to be her daddy. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. God wraps us up so many neat surprises in our children! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story brother! Please visit my blog and find out about the love letter sent to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an Incredible daughter and so so sweet! Cherish that Allen .....

    ReplyDelete