Monday, March 14, 2011

Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On

Earthquakes on the rise?  Are earthquakes getting more intense?  Depends on who you ask.  I can find just as many websites that state there has been a sharp increase in earthquakes as I can find that say otherwise.  If you check-out some Christian sites, the frequency and intensity of earthquakes are definitely on the rise, just as Jesus predicted there would be.  But if you check out some science sites, there is really no significant increase in activity over the past million decades, give or take.  Does it really matter, anyway?

I say no.  I totally believe the Bible, and I feel strongly enough about its reliability that I don't need any "proof" to justify my belief.  Being a Christian is completely and solely about just that... having a belief or faith in Jesus Christ.  I have found that it is so much easier to just simply believe some things than it is to try to prove them.  In mathematics, that is called a postulate; we accept some things to be true without proof.  I can no more prove God's existence than an atheist can disprove it.  So why fret over it?  Instead, let's just remain steady in our faith, and do the best we can to share that faith with others. 

Lord, please be with those who have been affected by the latest earthquake.  Help us to remember that You are in complete control, no matter how tragic situations may get in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment