Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Root Of The Problem


Last November, I learned that I had a disc that was protruding into my spine. The neurosurgeon gave me a few treatment options that seemed to help a great deal. Of course, he also informed me that surgery was an option, but I wanted to avoid that as much as possible. I have not had too many problems with it since then...except this morning. I can barely turn my head to the right. The pain runs down the right side of my back and into my legs. I pray it is because I slept on it wrong, and it is just aggravated. But in the back of my mind, I know the disc problem is still there and is not going to go away on its own. Please pray that I will not need the surgery. God is still in the miracle business!


This injury reminds me of something. In our lives, we all have problems. Most of those problems are things out of our control, such as my injury, but some of our problems are a direct result of our bad decisions. I can tell you first hand that making bad decisions can lead to a lifetime of regret and sorrow. But it is never too late to make the right decisions and alter our lifetime course. In order to do that, though, we must get to the root of the problem. We can't just mask it and hope it will go away. Oh, it will go away temporarily. But it will always sneak back in sometime and haunt us. By confronting the problem at the source, we have a much better chance of destroying it once and for all. I can think of no better way to do that than to ask for God's help! We know all things are possible with God. Today, let's take a moral inventory of our lives and decide what needs serious changing. Then, go to the root of the problem with Jesus. What problem is bigger than He?


Jeremiah 17:14 says, "Heal me O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for though art my praise."


Father, I ask you to heal my injury. I also ask you to help me right all my wrong decisions. I have faith that you will give me my heart's desire. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment