Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dedicated To My Students

Today's devotion is dedicated to all my students who will be taking the Alabama High School Graduation Exam in mathematics tomorrow.  This is a required test, and no student in Alabama can receive a diploma unless they pass this test.  I know just how hard my fellow-teachers have worked to prepare these students to pass it, and how hard the students themselves have worked.  When I was younger, I used to watch Major league baseball on TV and couldn't understand why a batter would get upset for striking out.  Wasn't he still gonna make the same million dollars anyway?  Now as a teacher, I understand.  I will still get my salary whether the students pass or not.  But deep down, it bugs me to death when they don't.  God called me to be a teacher 18 years ago, and I still have the same passion as I did the first day.  I want these kids to pass.  In a way, I need them to pass.

The Bible teaches us that all things are possible with God.  I 100% truly believe that because I see it come true all the time.  Even when I look back over my life and certain situations that I thought I could not recover from, God was right there making the impossible, possible.  He did it for me, I am sure he has done it for you, and now I am praying that He will do it for my students.  Some of them really have a phobia about math, and that alone keeps them from doing well.  I pray that God will take away that phobia tomorrow and help them be the very best they can be.  I also ask you to say a quick little prayer, too.  Prayer can move mountains...and math.

Oh heavenly father, I lift up my students to you at this hour.  Please be with them and help them to do their very best tomorrow.  Thank-you for what You have already done in helping us prepare these students.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment