Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ooops!

At the school system where I work, we get paid one per month.  The money is always direct-deposited into our accounts on the last day of the month.  But when I checked my account yesterday, there was no money.  I panicked!  The Central office sent out a system-wide Email explaining that they "forgot" to release the money.  I am serious; they actually said "forgot".  They rushed paper checks to everyone today.  How does one forget to do what they have done every month for years?  There sure were a lot of unhappy campers around the system.

How do we sometimes "forget" to thank God for all He's done for us?  I know I am guilty of asking Him for more things I don't have than thanking Him for things I do have.  Do you think that hurts God?  I need to re-prioritize.  I need to be more thankful than I have been.  Instead of flipping out when I don't see my money right away, maybe I should next time just thank God I have a job.

Lord, thank-you for everything You do for me.  Help me to try to make a list tonight of those things You have blessed me with.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment