Friday, September 18, 2009

Sick, But Blessed


I want to thank all of you that have checked on me during this time of sickness. I am still sick...no voice, chills, a little fever, no energy..the usual cold symptoms. I am still teaching at the high school and college, though it is sort of hard since I sound like Kermit the Frog. I will not be able to announce the football game tonight, nor will I be able to host my radio show tomorrow night, but all-in-all, I am ok. I know I am not a doctor, but I seriously don't think I have the flu. If I am no better by Monday, however, I will at least pay a visit to the doc's office.


You know, even though I have a cold and feel bad, even though some things in my personal life are still hay-wire, and even though I still yearn for some heart-healing, I know I am still blessed! As long as I have breath in my body, I will Glorify the Lord...even if it is only in words. We all have those spells when we just don't "feel" God, but deep down inside, we know He is still there. I look around and I see others that are far-worse than I am. My troubles, though big to me, probably wouldn't even fill a thimble compared to other people's problems. I thank the Lord for helping me to keep that point in perspective. Sick or not sick, I am going to have a great weekend...because God is alive, and Jesus saves!


Psalm 57:7 says, "My Heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."


Father, How great thou art! Heal me on Your time, Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I will miss you tomorrow night :) I truly enjoy listening to your show!!

    ReplyDelete