Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pencil Erasers

If you have ever taken a math class, you know why there are erasers on pencils. The people who make pencils sure do put a lot of confidence in us. They give us a long piece of lead with a little, tiny eraser. Now that is positive thinking!  But erasers are not just for correcting mistakes; they can also be used for changing plans. How many times have we heard the phrase, "pencil me in for this week?" We use this phrase because we have learned just how quickly our best-made plans can cave-in.  Let's face it:  plans change all the time.
Everyday, I am making my schedule in pencil instead of pen because I know things can change in a fraction of a second. As a teacher, I make plans every week but seldom am I able to stick to those plans to the letter. Something always seems to crop up and derail them. So I have learned to be flexible. I've decided to start making all my plans in pencil instead of pen but giving God control of the eraser.  He knows what is best for me.  If one of my plans gets changed, I will just assume that the Lord used the eraser because He had a better plan. I am putting forth more effort in seeking His will for my life. I don't always know where His will take me from day to day, but I do know it will take me to places that I otherwise couldn't go.  God's will is perfect!  That is why I am letting Him control the eraser.

Proverbs 16: 9 says, "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."


Father, thank you for Your perfect erasers. I am willing to alter all my plans based on Your perfect will. In You, I have placed my total trust. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment