Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bad Habits

The other day, I noticed that one of the spindles on the railing around my front porch was broken.  Upon closer inspection, I noticed that a small bush had grown into a fork.  And wouldn't you know it, the spindle on the railing just happen to be in the middle of the fork in the bush.  As the bush continued to grow, the fork pushed the spindle so hard that it broke it from the bottom.  If only I had noticed it sooner, I could have trimmed the bush back and saved myself $12.99 and 20 minutes of my time. 

That's the way it is with our bad habits.  We all have them, but if we try to keep them cut-back to a minimum, we just might be able to keep them from destroying things around us.  I admit that my spindle was only a little thing, but you and I have both heard of some people's bad habits destroying much, much more.  It is so much easier to pull-up a small twig from the ground before it grows into a medium-sized bush.  And if we let that bad habit continue to grow to tree-size, well, we may never be able to remove it.

Psalm 68:19 says, "Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."

Father, help us to keep our bad habits in check.  We admit we are not perfect, but agree that You are and that You are willing to help us with our burdens everyday.  In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, help me with all my bad habits in Jesus Name. Thannks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Mr.Skipper.I really needed that.Keep the emails coming.

    ReplyDelete