Sunday, January 2, 2011

Facebook


I guess I am like most everybody else these days: I enjoy "playing" on Facebook. I know I am also guilty of this, but it is very comical what some people write on their status. One I read recently said, "I just woke up, now I am gonna watch some TV..later". Another one simply said, "Taking the dog for a walk." Do we really believe that there are people out there that truly care that much about us and what we do?


I bet if Jesus had a Facebook account, He would love to see every single one of our posts. I saw a movie one time about Jesus coming to earth as a man and visiting a teenager. She didn't believe He was really Jesus until later in the movie. When she realized He was truly Christ, of course she was full of thousands of questions. After answering most of them for her, Jesus then started asking her some questions. She started answering His questions, and then it hit her, and she stopped in mid-sentence. She said, "Lord, why are you asking me anything? You are Jesus and know everything I am going to say even before I say it." I will never forget His response. He smiled very warmly and replied, "Yes I do know what you will say, but I sure am enjoying having a conversation with you." We can "Facebook" Jesus anytime just by praying. I bet it would thrill Him for us to just talk to Him...even if it is in short "status updates".


Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."


Father, here is my status update for You: "Just woke up. Gonna go through my day speaking with You often". In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow if Jesus had a facebook account? This is a great post Allen. I am adding you to follow you. I pray things go well for you in the new year and keep in touch.

    LFJ (James)

    ReplyDelete