Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trot Line

I passed out several fliers trying to sell commercials for my radio show.  I also passed out several fliers advertising the fact that I am available for math tutoring again.  It is almost like setting out a long trot line and waiting to see how many hits you get.  So far, I have had none, zilch, nada.  It is so disheartening.  Oh, I'm not giving up, and I know it takes time.  But still...

We are all like hooks on a single trot line for God.  He sets us all out hoping we can snag a few for His Kingdom.  It is not our job to save them, it is only our job to be available to lead them to Him.  We are like the hook on the trot line.  If the fish is not hungry, we can't do anything about that.  But as soon as God moves them to be hungry, He expects us to be ready to snag them when they strike.  Are you on God's trot line?  Ask Him today to sharpen your "hook", and make you more attractive to the "fish".

Matthew 5:16 says, "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and Praise your Father in heaven."

Father, help me to lead more people to You, if it be Your will.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Never thought of using a trot line for an illustration like this! Good job! Has been years since I've used a trot line (since I left Florida in 1990).

    Have'nt visited here in a while. Hope you are doing well. Good luck getting ads and some tutoring.

    Was in you city a couple of times over the Christmas holiday. Have family there. Nice town, but it sure has grown over the last 20 years!

    Take care,
    wb

    ReplyDelete