Saturday, January 29, 2011

We Will Miss You, Candi

Our friend, Candi Taylor is gone.  We are sad, confused, angry, hurt, and all the other feelings rolled into one.  I guess the only people who completely understand what goes through a person's mind the split-second that they pull the trigger of their own gun are already gone.  The rest of us are left to speculate and simply ask "why".  I can still remember the numb feeling I received when I was told yesterday morning at school.  She taught at my high school for years, but a couple years ago, she moved down to the middle school.  She leaves an 8th-grade class with students who are also trying to make sense of what has happened.  She also leaves a young son...

God is the only judge.  I remember telling one of our co-workers at the copy machine yesterday.  Obviously it was a shock to her, too.  But she made a comment that really bugged me.  She said, "I wonder what drives a person to commit the unforgivable sin of suicide?  "What could possibly drive them to the point to take their own life and lose their salvation?"  My first thought was in anger, and I wanted to lash out.  I wanted so much to ask her what Bible she reads.  My Bible, the Holy Bible, does NOT state that about suicide.  But, I held my tongue, because again, God is the only judge.  I wanted to give you a link to read about this subject from someone much more qualified than I.  It is supported by several Bible verses.  Please read it if you get a chance.  http://www.gotquestions.org/suicide-Bible-Christian.html

Good-bye Candi.  We will see you again real soon at God's table.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I haven't been touched by suicide personally, but one of my good friends, Renee, lost her mom in June to suicide. It has been awful watching her struggle. I'll be praying that you, the entire school and her family heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm sorry for the loss of life under such sad circumstances. May God cover all those who grieve Candi's exit from this earth with His overwhelming presence and love. I pray that through this time of grieving and question asking, God shows himself in mighty ways- especially to the 8th grade class and Candi's close friends and family. May Candi find her Peace from heaven above and her soul be at rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: www.nocondemnation81.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!

    In Christ,
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete