Monday, March 9, 2009

Upgrade


Everyone likes to receive an upgrade, especially if it's free. We like to get an upgrade to First Class, an upgrade to a better calling plan, an upgrade to a newer cell phone, and many others. Today, I want us to concentrate on an upgrade from a popular Christian saying, "With God, there is hope." It is true that there is hope in Him, but the word hope implies that we are not sure. Today, let's "upgrade" to, "With God, there is assurance!" As a teacher, I am going to give you an assignment today. That assignment is for you to ponder just how many things we can be sure of from Christ. I will get us started:


Through Christ, we are assured of Salvation and Eternal Life. Through Christ we are assured of being loved totally and unconditionally. Through Christ, we are assured that He always hears our prayers. Through Christ, we never have to face trouble alone. And finally, through Christ, we always have an absolute, 100% friend! How many assurances can you think of today? PLEASE Email me each time you think of a new one. In one week from today, I am going to re-write this devotion from your input. This is a chance for you to glorify God. Will you help me? I look forward to hearing from you...


Psalm 91:14 says, "Because he loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name."


Father, thank you for your many assurances You give us everyday. Help us to re-write this devotion in one week. Remind us just how many things You do for us that we either don't see or take for granted. Forgive us. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment