Monday, March 22, 2010

Frustrated


As satisfying as teaching is, it is almost just as frustrating at times, especially after an extended off-period like Spring Break. Trying to get some students re-oriented is like pulling teeth. Justin forgot his book, Brittany doesn't have any paper, Karen dropped her pencil somewhere in the hall, Corey is asleep, and practically none of them remembers what we did the last time we were in class. Instead of picking up where we left off, valuable class time is wasted just to get them back to where they should already be. It can be so frustrating. But I would not swap careers for anything in the world. Teaching brings me joy, even during the frustrating moments. I have some great students, and I love every single one of them...even when I feel like pinching their heads off.


I wonder how frustrated God gets with me sometimes. I am not always on-task with Him just like some of my students are not always on-task with their subject matter. Can you just imagine how frustrated God must get sometimes? He gave us His Bible that tells us just what to do and how to do it. We have learned that when we choose to not do things His way, it only leads us to pain and suffering. He can no more do it for me than I can learn for my students. I don't understand why they don't just simply do what they know they must do. But God feels that way about me, too. God wonders why I do things the hard way instead of the way He outlined for me to do. Although He may get frustrated with me, Thank God he still loves me and still tries to keep me on-task with Him. He never gives up on me. I need to always remember that lesson and never give-up on my students, either.


Psalm 32:8 says, "I will teach thee and instruct thee in the way which ye shall go."


Father, forgive me for the times I fail and frustrate You. Teach me to have patience for when my students do the same to me. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm a little surprised that happens with high school kids! Elementary ages wouldn't surprise me at all, but you'd think High Schoolers would be old enough to make it through spring break without forgetting where they left their brain!

    ReplyDelete