Thursday, March 25, 2010

Strange Coincidence


I know it was only a coincidence, but it still feels very strange. Last night as I was falling asleep, I was listening to a CD of Doo Wop music. I must have fallen asleep to a song by one of my all-time favorite singers, Johnny Maestro, because I dreamed about being at one of his concerts. Well this morning, I learned that he died late last night in Florida. I am in shock! You might remember him as the lead singer of the Crests and Brooklyn Bridge. He was the singer on the hit songs 16 candles and The Worst That Could Happen. What an awesome voice he had. The good Lord definitely blessed him with talent! And today, he is singing with the angels in heaven.


Although he had been battling cancer for the past few years, we all know that we could be promoted to Glory at any moment. Are we ready? Let me ask you a very serious question: If you died right now, would you go to heaven? I know I would because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Have you also accepted Him? As confusing as the Bible can be, this is one point that is crystal clear. Look at it like this: We all carry life insurance "just in case". So how much more important is Eternal Life insurance? If you have not made Jesus Master of your life, please do so right away. And if you have made Him Master of your life, please share Him with as many people as you can today. Because today may be all the time they have left.


Jesus said in John 6:47, "Truly I say unto you, he that believes in Me has Everlasting Life."


Father, please help us to share the Good News about Christ. Thank you for offering us Eternal Life. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a coincidence , isnt it? Goes to show that we never know when God is going to call us home. Need to make the most of our time with the ones we love and are so important to us. God is good...

    ReplyDelete