Wednesday, July 1, 2009

False Sence Of Security


The other night as I was driving home from the college, I crossed over a set of train tracks. The tracks were equipped with warning lights. I know the train goes through there a lot, but I have never timed it just right to catch it there. Even though it has warning lights, I still slow to an almost-complete stop, look, and listen. I see some people shoot over the tracks without a second thought. What if the lights are malfunctioning, and there is no warning that the train is there? You know the score so far is train: 500, car: 0. My life means more to me than a set of warning lights that may or may not be working.


Why do we put so much confidence in the things of this world? We depend on our money, our jobs, our kids, etc for everything. Yes, I know these things are very important to us. But should we be depending on any of these things more than we should depend on Jesus? It is easy to say with have put our confidence in Him. But have we really? The Bible says that all good things come from God. Our money, jobs, kids, etc are blessings from God, and we should celebrate these things. But let's be sure we remember the source for these things. God has truly been good to us.


James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above , coming down from the father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


Father, thank you for blessing us today. Please teach us to always pause and give thanks to You. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Gave myself some nice meditation time by catching up on your posts...nicely inspiring and you find the best pictures to go with each one!

    We are definitely creatures who need to re-focus our attention on our Creator when the world tries so had to distract us.

    Thank you for running the good race, my friend.

    blessings,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete