Thursday, January 15, 2009

Probably No God?


Have you seen the news concerning Christianity in England lately? The State-run buses now carry billboards that read, "There's Probably No God, Now Stop Worrying and Enjoy Your Life." Probably no God? What does that mean? I probably won't have a car accident today, but I still have auto insurance. I probably won't die tomorrow, but I still carry life insurance. So why would I want to take my chances on something as crucial as the existence of God? It is simple, as there are only 2 possibilities: Either He does exist or He does not exist. If He does not exist, then what have I lost by believing in Him? Absolutely nothing! In fact, I probably have had a more peaceful, more fun life simply because I have believed in Him. But what if He does exist and I have chosen not to believe in Him? What will I have lost then? Everything!


Have you ever asked someone who did not believe in God why they didn't believe? It is almost comical at the reasons they give. One atheist I talked to said he did believe that a man named Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago and was crucified on a Cross. But he said he did not believe He was Resurrected. I then asked him to explain the empty tomb. His reply floored me. He said Jesus' disciples stole the body. What? You got to be kidding me. How could they have taken the body with several trained Roman soldiers standing guard? And suppose His disciples did steal the body. Then why were they willing to die to spread the Good News about the Resurrection? Eleven of the twelve disciples were killed because of their faith. Why would they be willing to die for something they knew was not true? That makes absolutely no sense to me. I agree that I can not actually "prove" that He exists. But because the stakes are way too high if He does, I'm not going to take any chances.
Isaiah 45:18 says, "For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it, He hath established it, He created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord, and there is no one else."
Father, thank you for Your Son Jesus Christ. I pray for anyone who may not believe in Him. Please stir their hearts to the truth. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment