Monday, January 26, 2009

Theme Hour


On my radio show, I have a theme hour at 9pm. I highlight a different theme each Saturday Night. For example, this past week I featured "kissing" songs, that is, songs with the word "kissing" in the title of the song. This week, I am featuring "baby" songs. I thought it might be a good idea to feature some Bible verses in today's devotion. There are many good books available that feature various Christian themes in the Bible. Today, I will feature "comfort" verses since I am in need of comfort at this hour. Maybe you are too. Read these verses and let them sink deep into your heart.


Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save."

Psalm 34:18 says, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Revelation 7:17 says, "...and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Deuteronomy 33:12 says, "...the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders."

Isaiah 57:18 says, "I will guide him and restore comfort to him."

Jeremiah 31:13 says, "I will give them joy and comfort instead of sorrow."

Psalm 62:1 says, "My soul finds rest in God alone."

And my favorite: Psalm 6:9 says, "The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; The Lord accepts my prayer."


Are you struggling with something at this hour? Remember, the only way these "comfort" verses can truly fall deep into your heart is if your heart is broken.


Father, please have mercy on Your heart-broken children. We accept these verses of comfort. We know Your Word is forever true. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment