Friday, January 30, 2009

Spolied


I overheard one of my students talking to a classmate today in such a way as to draw negative attention from everyone within earshot. I know I shouldn't judge, but she sure sounded about as spoiled as a "little rich brat". She went on and on about how she is just so much better than most of the other kids at school. She just turned 16 and for her birthday, her parents bought her a brand-new car! But it was not the kind she wanted. She actually fussed at her parents because the car they got was so "beneath her". Again, we are not supposed to judge but how do you keep from doing it with people like that? Then God hit me right between the eyes with the answer. He instantly reminded me that I am just as spoiled.


Why is it that most of our problems center around having something we don't want or wanting something we don't have? If we are totally honest with ourselves, there is probably something we want very much right now. But how do we deal with that want? Do we fuss at God because we don't have it? I have to admit, I have done that a lot lately. But oh how quickly I seem to forget all the things I do have. Although I don't have everything I want, I certainly do have everything I need...and much more! There's nothing wrong with wanting something and working hard to get it, that is as long as it is good for us and can bring glory to God. In fact God encourages us to come to Him with our wants. But we certainly should never fuss with Him, if in His infinite wisdom, He chooses not to give it to us. Instead, we should offer heart-felt praises to Him for all that He has given us. Praise God!


Psalm 113:3 says, "From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised."


Father, thank you for all You have given me. I do have a want, and I know You are perfectly aware of it. Please help me to leave the details up to You. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment