Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just When I Need You Most


I'm sure the main reason is because we are only human, but why else is it that we only call on God when we need Him most? When things are caving in around us, we panic and call on God to deliver us. I know the Bible tells us that He loves to deliver us in our greatest hour of need. But do you feel guilty about it like I do? I tell you the truth, it just about kills me that I keep doing the same things over and over. I ask God to forgive me, and I know He does. But I can't help but to feel like I let Him down, especially when He has blessed me so much. Why do we suffer from this paradox of continuing to do what we know we shouldn't?


For me, it is not so much doing things that I shouldn't do as it is not doing the things that I should. How many times have I passed by someone who may have been lost, but I chose not to share Jesus with them? How many times have I passed someone who may have just needed a kind word, but I chose not to give them one. How many times have I thought of myself before I thought of someone else? Oh Lord, please forgive me. I would ask You for another chance, but I wonder if I would just mess up that opportunity as well. Although I might mess it up again and again, I will not give up asking for Your Perfect help. I know the Bible says I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Well Lord, here I am asking for Your strength. I ask You to help me make a difference in the lives of others. I ask You to help me win souls for Your Son Jesus. I ask You to help me further Your Heavenly Kingdom.


Psalm 72:12 says, "God will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help."


Lord, thank you for my life. Please help me to do a much better job with it. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Allen no one on this earth is perfect and you have been forgiven a long time ago, now you must realize life goes on, don't let all that is out there pass you by. The true lesson in all your hurt is to learn something everyday, nurture that lesson and move on. The Lord has forgiven you many times over and you must forgive yourself so your healing will begin, when you know you are doing the same things over and over and beat yourself up about it the lesson should be how to stop doing it repeatedly so the heart can heal again. God has forgiven you, now you must forgive yourself !!!!!

    ReplyDelete