Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Serious Cleansing


I have read many times how Jesus got angry at least once while He was here on earth. All four Gospels relate the story of how Jesus entered the temple one day in Jerusalem and all but went berserk! You know the story of how He drove away all the sellers and money changers with a whip. He was outraged because the people had turned God's House into a marketplace. Jesus quoted Isaiah 56:7 when He yelled, "Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it a den of thieves'". Of course this angered the Jewish religious establishment because they were making a nice profit in the Temple. How can we use this dramatic incident in our lives today?


We all make mistakes, do bad things, sin against God, and really make a mess of situations. But from time to time, we need to come to a serious cleansing of our hearts and souls. Like Jesus did, we too need to get angry with stuff in our lives and "whip" them out. Of course we can only truly do this with God's help. We need to ask God to remove all our personal defects and character flaws so we can truly live for Him. I guess it is like cleaning the house. We can pick up and do a little each day, but sooner or later, we need a serious "spring cleaning". I don't know about you, but for me, that time has come! In the name of Jesus, I command all evil, sickness, and wrongdoing to leave my body! I only have room for one God...and that is Jesus Christ!


Psalm 138:8 says, "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord endures forever-do not abandon the works of Your hands."


Father, I ask You to give me strength to do the things I know You want me to do. I have made a mess of things, as usual, but I truly have faith and accept that You have forgiven me and will lead me on my way. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment