Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Court Is In Session


I sometimes like to write poetry. I am absolutely not good at it. I can only write when the "mood" strikes, but then when I go back and read it a few days later, it seems so corny to me. I wrote a poem once as a teenager. I am going to re-write it now, with a few changes, as my devotion. I know the writing will be weak, but I pray the meaning behind it will strike your heart.


I was sitting in a courtroom

where people were being tried

some of them looked worried

while others of them cried

We were being tried for sin

which was a terrible crime

And I knew deep inside

that it was almost my time.

When they called out my name

I walked slowly down the isle

It wasn't a very long one

though it seemed like a mile.

As I got to the front

and they named my sins one by one

I knew my life was over

for my sins were already done.

They called out my sentence

I was to be cast into a huge sea

where thousands of hungry sharks

waited there to devour me.

As they threw me in the sea

and my clothes began to get wet

I woke from a terrible nightmare

covered entirely with sweat.

I realized that God had shown me

I was living a life of sin

so I asked Jesus into my heart

and was given a new end.


This terrible courtroom will be real for all those who don't accept Jesus. But if you have already accepted Him as Savior, you will never, ever be judged for your sins. For Jesus already took the sentence that was meant for us. Give Him all your praise right now!


Roman 6:23 says, "For thes wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our lord."


Father, thank you for Jesus! Help us to live a life that is pleasing to you. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! AND I think you poem was marvelous. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete