Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update


It is 9pm Wednesday night, and I wanted to update on my surgery. The procedure will be done tomorrow morning at 7. I have been absolutely in panic mode all day. The herniated disc has made my right side numb. It tingles all the way down into my fingers. I'm scared of the complications from surgery but also very afraid of what will happen if I don't get the disc repaired. The pain is unbearable! The surgeon did say that I should be back to a normal schedule in about a week. I can assure you I have prayed nonstop today.


Again, I ask for your prayers. I have faith in God, and now it is time to step up to the plate. I know He will go with me into the operating room. I know He will guide the surgeon's hand. I know that my God will heal me. I thank Him that surgery will correct the problem. I am very scared and nervous. I probably won't sleep a wink tonight. But I know that there is nothing that Jesus can't do. In Him, I have placed my faith!


Father, I feel very anxious at this hour, though I'm sure that is a very normal feeling. I ask you to heal me of my injury and help me not to worry so much. Help me to rest tonight. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you... I have been since you first announced this surgery. Jesus will take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just reading this at 12:43(eastern standard time), I've said a prayer for you, the doctors and nurses that will be assisting you. I'll pray also for a speed recovery. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete