Thursday, June 11, 2009

Etch-A-Sketch


The first Etch-A-Sketch was sold in the summer of 1960. Do you remember those things? What I remember most about them was how hard it was to draw anything with them. The TV commercials made it look easy to draw things on it. And I guess in the right hands, drawing a masterpiece could be possible. It was pretty cool, though how turning those knobs would create lines, and that shaking it hard would erase those lines. I have to admit I spent hours with those little gadgets.


I think of my life today as an Etch-A-Sketch, but I let God turn the knobs. He is the Master Artist. All I can do is mess up my drawings, but He makes some very good ones. Jesus never messes it up. As long as I allow Him to control the knobs, an awesome picture is sure to emerge. I wish I could put into words the feeling of how wonderful it is to allow Jesus to control my life. He has placed happiness where there was only sadness, joy where there was pain, and smiles where there were frowns. I'm positive He can do the same for you. There is no good reason to waste anymore time without Him. Ask God to control your knobs. Be an Etch-A-Sketch for Him.


Proverbs 3:6 says, "In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths."


Father, thank you for controlling my life. Help me to always turn it all over to You. I have faith in Your drawings. In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. one of my favorite scriptures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there... what a wonderful anaolgy and nicely written! I completely agree! I will use this illustation with my kids since we currently have 4 etch-a-sketches floating around the house and the would be able to also relate to the message of God's contol and His best for us when we let Him guide us. Thanks! and blessings to you, Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Etch-a-sketches always ended up getting me aggrivated. You never could get things just right!! What a wonderful comparison..
    Blessings, Jerelene

    ReplyDelete