Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Put It On My Tab


Back a few years ago, I had a buddy who spent a lot of time in a local restaurant. Because he was a celebrity in town, I will change his name for this devotion to Mike. Mike was such a regular at the restaurant, that he had his own personal account. I remember one day he told me while I was in there eating to just tell the waiter to put my bill on his tab. I thought he was kidding, but when I told the waiter that, he said, "sure, no problem." You got to be kidding me? That was too easy! I then knew how to get a "free" meal anytime!


That meal might have been free for me, but Mike would have to pay for it at the end of the month. The same is true about all who believe in Jesus Christ. When we sin, we have the privilege of saying, "Please put that on His account." God simple says, "Sure, no problem." What is a freedom for us, cost Him dearly! Yes, it is true that our sins are placed on Christ once we believe in Him. It is also true that because of His work on the Cross, we will never have to "pay" for our sins. But let us not forget who did have to pay, and just how much that payment cost! Don't we serve an awesome God?


Ephesians 1:7 says, "In Jesus, we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."


Father, thank you so much for Jesus. Please let us never forget the price that was paid for our freedom from sin. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment