Monday, February 9, 2009

Bankruptcy


Because of the state of our economy, many people are experiencing financial hardships. It has forced several families into bankruptcy. There are pros and cons to filing bankruptcy. The up-side is that practically all your debt will be wiped away. Almost like magic, you won't owe another dime to your creditors. But a major down-side is that your credit will be shot for 7 to 10 years. Because of financial hardships, bankruptcy may be the only way to get out from under the debt. And the fact that is messes up your credit could be a good thing. Obviously you can't pay what you have so why in the world would you need to start charging up new debt? Bankruptcy should be approached with tons of caution. But sometimes, it's the only way.


The Bible teaches us that we are all sinners (Romans 3:23). Because God is a Holy God, we must pay for that sin debt with our lives (Romans 6:23). It does not matter who we are or how many good deeds we do, all it takes is one "little" sin to force us into forever-debt. And that debt can never be repaid, no matter how hard we try. Even Billy Graham has no chance to "preach" his way out of sin debt. Our only hope is to file for a sin "bankruptcy". Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the Cross at Calvary to pay for the debt for our sins. In essence, He completely wiped out our sin debt! But His bankruptcy is much better than today's bankruptcy. With His, there are no long, tedius forms to fill out, no outragious lawyer fees to pay, and our credit is not shot for 7 to 10 years. In fact, as long as we keep Jesus as our Savior, our "credit" will remain perfect! Have you filed for a Sin Bankruptcy yet? All it takes is a simple prayer, known as the "sinner's prayer". I have included it at the bottom of the devotion for you if you need it. Once you have sincerely prayed that prayer, the Bible promises that your sin debt is completely wiped away, and it will NEVER come up again! Praise God!


Psalm 103:12 says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our sins from us."


God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin. However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I believe that His death and resurrection provided for my forgiveness. I trust in Jesus and Jesus alone as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you Lord, for saving me and forgiving me! In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment