Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There's One Missing


It never fails. On Easter Sunday our family gets together to hide eggs for the kids. It is always so much fun to get out in the yard and help them find those eggs, especially the little kids. But for some reason, maybe Murphy's Law, there is always one egg that we never find. We can hide 100 eggs or only 10 eggs, but either way, we will find all of them except one. Of course we do find the "missing" egg about a week later...all we have to do is "follow our nose".

How many times when we are confessing our sins to God do we try to hide one from Him? If you are like me, I have no problem revealing each one of my sins to the Lord and asking Him to forgive me. When I am praying, I feel a certain closeness to Him while confessing my sins that I don't feel any other time. But there seems to always be one sin that I try to "hide" from Him because I am so ashamed of it. Maybe you can relate to that. It is so easy to reason that if we ignore it, it will go away. But we know it won't simply go away by itself. We know we can't hide anything from our precious Lord. The best thing for us to do is just admit all of our sins and ask Him to give us a fresh, new start. Is there some un-confessed sin "hiding" deep inside your heart? Perhaps we should ask God to help us "find" it before it starts stinking up our whole life.


I John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (emphasis added)


Father, please forgive us for ALL our sins. Help us to face even the worst sin and to confess it to You. Remind us that there is NO sin too big for You to forgive. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment