Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Energy Shot


Have you ever had one of those days in which you just couldn't seem to get going? From the time my alarm went off this morning at 6 until I arrived at work nearly 2 hours later, I could barely keep my eyes open. And then once I got to work, my lack of energy made climbing stairs almost impossible. So I decided to do something drastic. I walked across the street to Rite Aid and got a Red Bull Energy Drink. Just to make sure it worked, I also chased that down with one of those small, 5-hour energy drinks. It is now 11, and I am bouncing off the walls more than my checks bounce down at the bank. But one thing is for sure. I am definitely awake now!


Today's energy rush reminds me of the energy I feel after hearing a dynamic preacher or reading a powerful verse in the Bible. Spiritually speaking, we all suffer from "down" moments. We can find ourselves just barely making it through Church or through our daily Bible devotions. When this happens, we need a powerful jolt from the Holy Spirit! God can quickly transform us from 0 to 100 in a flash! He can "wake" us up spiritually and get us bursting with energy for Him. When we are just barely going through the motions, it is hard to convince a non-believer that the Christian life is a happy one. But when we are absolutely on fire for Jesus, it becomes contagious. And with God's help, we can set everybody else around us on fire for Him too! Have you asked Jesus for your "Red Bull" today?


John 15:11 says, "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."


Father, please set me on fire for You. Help me to spread that fire to everybody around me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment