Sunday, February 8, 2009

Let It Die


I love my cell phone, but I go through way too many batteries. My problem is that I don't do what is recommended by the cellphone company. Instead of letting my battery completely die before I recharge it, I usually just top it off every night, even if there is still some battery life left on it. I'm sure that is not good for the battery and probably explains why I go through them so fast. To increase the life of the battery, they recommend that we let the charge completely die before recharging it. What a concept. Let the battery completely die, and then bring it back to life!


Something hit me like a tons of bricks today. I was thinking about the story of how Jesus waited a few days until His friend Lazarus had died before going to help him. Jesus could have come sooner and simply healed Lazarus, but by waiting, Jesus could perform an even greater miracle..bring Lazarus back from the dead! I guess the hardest thing in the world, at least for me, is to ask God for something but not put it completely in His hands. We may say we are letting the Lord handle it, but are we really? I am so bad about trying to reach in and help Him. I have even found myself trying to convince God why I need it! Instead, we should hand it over to Him, and as far as our hands are concerned, let it die! We should let God work out His perfect will on His perfect time. By us letting it completely die, He may choose to revive it to a level we could only dream about! I'm not saying we should not keep the faith, on the contrary, we must keep the faith. But we should in no way interfere with the Lord. With Him taking care of it, our situation is in Good Hands!


Romans 12:12 says, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."


Father, forgive me for continuing to try to help You help me. I know You do not need my help because You know me better than even I do. I pray for my personal situation and trust You will bring it to pass. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment