Friday, February 20, 2009

Teach Me To Be Usable


In the 45th chapter of Isaiah, we learn a little bit about Cyrus. He did not know God, but God decided to bless him anyway. The Lord empowered Cyrus and caused mighty kings to become paralyzed with fear in Cyrus' presence. God told him, "I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness-secret riches." God further said, "I have equipped you for battle, though you don't even know me." If God is willing to do this for someone who doesn't know Him, just imagine what God will do for those of us who do know Him.


As a child of God, we are so incredibly blessed! Every single one of us has a job to do for Christ. He has equipped us to help further His kingdom. For years, I struggled with what I was going to do with my life. I would pray and ask God to reveal his will to me. I was constantly asking Him to use me. He wanted to use me, but at the time I was not usable. He finally called me to become a teacher, but I had to first go through 6 years of college. And let me tell you, it was not easy. But when God calls us to do something, He also equips us with everything we need to be successful. He held my hand all through school and even helped me to get my dream job teaching at my Alma Mater, Dothan High School. By following his leading, He was able to make me usable. Do you know what your calling is? Ask God to reveal it to you and to prepare you for the job. Who knows, maybe your dream job is just around the corner!


Ezra 8:22 says, "The hand of our lord is upon all them for good that seek Him."


Father, thank you for teaching me how to be a teacher. I thank you for my dream job. I pray that You will help lead somebody else to their dream job soon. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment