Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Forgive Me


I am embarrassed and ashamed, to say the least. Yesterday, I was acting as if I was the only one in the world to ever experience pain or loss. Through responses from some of you, I realize I was just being a spoiled brat. I was so focused on what I did not have, that I neglected to see what God has given me. I acted so unappreciative. God has been so good to me, and all I can do is complain. I feel just awful! Is this the way Peter felt after denying the Lord three times? Let me just say I am sorry for acting like a child. But I am going to do the grown-up thing now and admit my mistake. More importantly, I'm not going to give up. I'm gonna keep praying and writing for Him. I'm not with my true love Jackie. But I can look at it two ways: I can mope around feeling sorry for myself or I can keep hoping and praying that God has a plan. I choose the later! God can make the blind see, help the cripple to walk, and even raise the dead. Can He not also help me? When I think of Jesus nailed to the Cross in deep agony, I can see Him thinking about me. For it was not nails that kept Him on that Cross...It was Love!


Psalm 32:5 says, "Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, 'I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.' And You forgave me! All my guilt is gone."


Father, thank you for forgiving me and giving me a renewed energy. I ask You to bless all those who are hurting at this hour. You know best, even when we have no idea. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment