Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Surrender


The Bible teaches that there are four parts to our beings: heart, soul, strength, and mind. And according to Luke 10:27, we are supposed to love God with all four of these parts. This is what it means to surrender to Him. We must relinquish all control of ourselves over to Him. This is one of the hardest things we will ever do as a Christian. More people than not don't hand all four aspects of their lives over to Him on the first shot. It is a process. We make strides in one area but seem to fail in another. The walk with Christ is a relationship. And as you know, relationships take work. The hardest thing, at least for me, is to turn over all four areas to Him when I can't see, touch, feel, or hear Him, at least not in the physical sense.


To have complete peace in our lives, we must give ourselves to him totally. Oh sure, we will fail, and probably fail often. But the more I learn about the heart of God, the more I realize not only does He forgive us when we fail, He actually expects us to fail (The Bible says we are all sinners). I guess our relationship with Him is kind of like a marriage to our spouse, but much deeper. When we are married, we must be willing to yield to our wants and needs in order to provide for theirs. In our selfish, me-first society, that is not always easy to do. I have failed three times with my marriages. I am positive, that with His help, I won't fail on the fourth one. That is, if there is a fourth one. That is completely up to Jackie. I want to spend my entire life with her, but the only way that will even be possible is if I first give myself totally to Him and let Him work out the details. God wants so much to have a rich, fulfilling relationship with each one of us. But it is our decision if we want to return His love. He already made His decision on Calvary! Will you surrender to Him?


Luke 9:23 says, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me ."


Father, I surrender my life to you right now. I pray that You will help me fall as little as possible, and forgive me when I do. I pray for Jackie's heart. She is a great Lady and I thank you for bringing her into my life. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment