Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Buster's Ice Cream


A couple years ago while I was announcing a Northview High School football game, I really put my foot in my mouth. Early in the 4th quarter, I was reading an ad for an ice cream store here in Dothan. When I was done reading the ad, I felt the weight of many stares from people in the press box as well as in the stands. The official in the press box with me asked, "What was the name of that ice cream store?" My reply was, "Buster's." He then asked, "Don't you mean Brusters?" I quickly looked back at the copy and sure enough, he was right. I had misread Brusters as Busters. About that time, I received a text message from a friend of mine in the stands. The text read, "It's Brusters not Busters." I was about as red-faced as I had ever been in broadcasting. I had just turned 40-years old and I guess my eyesight decided to take a nose-dive. How in the world did I miss that "r" in Bruster's?


Just because our sight may start to slip, that's no reason our vision should too. As long as we keep Jesus Christ at the center of our lives, He will make sure our vision is sharper than ever. He leads our steps everyday. He healed many blind people in the Scriptures. He literally gave physical sight to those who could not see. But more importantly, He also gave them spiritual vision. As we grow older, our physical sight may start to fade. But that does not mean our vision has to as well. Put Jesus in charge of your vision. He will make it 20/20, even if your sight is way off.


Psalm 30:2 says, "O Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me."


Father, thank you for leading my steps. I know I have an important job trying to lead our young people. But I can't do it with out your help. Thank you for giving me my vision. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment