Friday, August 14, 2009

Get Closer To Me


Today, singer Dash Croft turned 71 years old. You might remember him as half of the duo Seals and Croft. They scored a few top-10 songs in the 70's including "Get Closer". The hook of the song is: "Darlin, if you want me to be closer to you, get closer to me." Not only was that good advice for a relationship with a spouse, but also great advice for our relationship with God.


Many times it seems that God is not listening to us when we cry out to Him. The Bible promises that He does hear us, and that he will never leave us to deal with stuff alone. I have found that when I make a deliberate attempt to pray and study His Word, I do feel Him getting closer to me. I am not talking about just saying a generic prayer and just reading a few lines from the Bible. I am talking about a genuine heart-felt conversation with Him. I am talking about really getting deep into His Word and searching for what he is truly trying to teach me. When I do those things, I honestly do feel Him closer than ever. What an awesome Lord we serve! He is a Lord who genuinely cares about us and wants to help us everyday. Do you want God to get closer to you? Then get closer to Him!


James 4:8 says, "Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you."


Father, thank you for loving us enough to want to help us everyday. Teach us to truly draw close to You. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment