Tuesday, August 25, 2009

God's Email Address


Isn't Email wonderful? I don't mean all the junk mail that bombards our in-boxes. I mean the convenience of sending people Email anytime of the day or night. It is a very simple way to keep in touch with friends and family. Sometimes it is even better than a phone call because we don't have to worry if our Email is catching them at a bad time. They simply check it when they can and respond if necessary. I find myself sending more Email these days than I ever have before. After I write these devotions, they are forwarded to over 500 people! Perhaps you forward theses devotions to others too. If so, thank you very much. Email is also a simple way to keep my parents informed of their child's progress at the school. Technology is so cool!


Wouldn't it be nice if we had God's Email address? That would be awesome to be able to send Him an Email anytime, day or night. What would you ask Him? What would you tell Him? Can you imagine just how peaceful it would be to be able to communicate back and forth with God? What a great way to start and finish each day. If only we had His Email address...But wait! We do have His Email address. It is "Dear God". A simple prayer to God is actually much better than Email; It gets there a whole lot faster! And the best part: It is never returned as undeliverable. Do we communicate with God as much as we communicate with other people through Email? If not, maybe our priorities need some rearranging. Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.


Psalm 55:17 says, "Evening, morning, and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice."


Father, thank you for listening to us each time we pray. Please encourage us to do it more often. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that we (and by 'we,' I mean 'I') tend to forget the most basic truths? It's so fundamental that God listens to and for us, and that He hears us and answers us. But for whatever reason, as you said, I get caught up in communications with fellow mere mortals.

    Thank you for this intense reminder. Profound in its simplicity, truly.

    ReplyDelete